- Corrigall-Brown, Catherine. Patterns of Protest: trajectories of participation in social movements.
- Kovner, Sarah. Occupying power: sex workers and servicemen in postwar Japan.
- Mintz, Alan. Sanctuary in the Wilderness: a critical introduction to American Hebrew poetry.
- Murav, Harriet. Music From a Sppeding Train: Jewish literature in post-revolution Russia.
- The New Gilded Age: the critical inequality debates of our time, ed. by David B. Grusky and Tamar Kricheli-Katz.
- Winter, Harold. The Economics of Excess: addiction, indulgence, and social policy.
According to CHOICE, " The 644 titles in this year’s list are members of an exclusive club, representing less than 9 percent of the titles reviewed by Choice in 2012, and less than 3 percent of the 25,000 titles submitted. As always, only a select group of publishers and authors are represented on such a list. Outstanding Academic Titles are truly the “best of the best.”Congratulations to you and your colleagues on this outstanding achievement."